The AL Lego Robotics Club is a volunteer-run, after-school club. Students come and build Lego projects using schematics and automate their movement using a straightforward programming language developed by Lego for use in the classroom.
Calling for Volunteers!
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in facilitating one of the AL Lego Robotics Spring sessions for 3rd and 4th Graders at the Cherry Campus
- The club will meet from February 27th to April 20th directly after school until 5:30 pm. There are 7 meetings total in each session.
- You and 2 other volunteers will supervise a group of 12 students,
- Each meeting is pre-planned with lessons from Lego and additional tips and programming challenges
- As a benefit, the children of volunteers are automatically offered a spot in the club.
- No engineering or software development skills are required, though an interest in legos or robotics will make the experience much more fun!
Upcoming Spring Sessions for 3rd and 4th Graders
- This Spring, we offer 2 sessions at the Cherry campus and 2 sessions at the Oak campus
- Each session include 12 students from 3rd or 4th Grade, supervised by 3 adult volunteers
- The club meets once a week after class, from 4pm to 5:30pm. The entire session includes 7 meetings
- Space is limited, please apply below. Participants are randomly selected from the pool of applicants
- Cost: $75/student. We’ll provide the Lego sets, laptops, and a snack. Limited scholarships are available, please enquire if needed
Cherry Campus (New!)
- Session 1: TBD (7 meetings)
- Session 2: TBD (7 meetings)
More info: email@example.com
- Session 1: Mondays from 2/27 to 4/24 (7 meetings)
- Session 2: Thursdays from 3/2 to 4/20 (7 meetings)
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org